Monday, April 7, 2008

a special treat

(((((I will hopefully be posting this video in some downloadable format very soon.)))))

Human Highway was the film project of Neil Young under the name Bernard Shakey.
It has many actors from David Lynch films,
and it seems like an early inspiration for Twin Peaks, if you ask me.
It was produced in 1980 when Young was going through his electro/new wave-esque phase,
as you can probably tell by the antagonists of the film DEVO.
I don't want to ruin the 'plot' (or what there is for one)
and seeing as it is so undecipherable you will probably go wiki it as I did.
Easily the worst part of the film is Neil Young's acting,
the others are just cheesy enough to be good.
The diagetic soundtrack makes it worth watching alone,
but the DEVO and Neil tracks make it all the more worthwhile.
In the climax of the film... well I know there isn't too much to give away,
but there is one of the most amazing jam sessions at the end of this film.
JUST WATCH IT. AND SHARE/PLEASE
This is a super rare, enjoyable flick I really want to get more people
to see it because it was so damned hard to get. I suggest using the "full screen" option!


Untitled from eVimeo.
p.s
there was a 'drag n drop' incident the other day and i lost my audio tab in safari
now is the time to share blogs

3 comments:

Alex said...

This is insane!

Allen Ginsberg In Space said...

serious

C.M.B. said...

this is great, thank you so much, rest assure i will share, hopefully even project it this summer. any idea where to find a file of this?