Sunday, May 4, 2008

HEY NOW HEY (THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SKY)

Hello folks, sorry for the delay.


The other day I was looking through a thrift pile of records when I found this record.
It is really spacey, soulful, and very, very grooving.
This is probably the first Aretha Franklin record I have listened to fully, yet I feel this may be her best work.
Leonard Bernstein composed the second track "Somewhere". There is a lot of experimental jazz sounds, thanks to
Quincy Jones. This record seemed to be ahead of its time
so much so, that I think this able will probably only be truly appreciated in at least 2012.
A psychedelic/soul gem.
enjoy

Also, this is probably some of my favorite artwork that I have ever seen on a record.





DOWNLOAD




POST SCRIPT

EXPECT A LOT OF UPDATES TODAY

2 comments:

The PopCulturist said...

Thanks for this! Just found my way here while looking for this album. I look forward to getting to know it better. Love the title!

Also, I hope you have "listened fully" to more Aretha albums since then, but if not, I'd recommend the classic period's Lady Soul, I Never Loved a Man, and Aretha Now, and then the early '70s classics Spirit in the Dark, Young Gifted and Black and 2-lp live gospel record Amazing Grace. Oh, and Live at the Fillmore East.

The PopCulturist said...

I mean Fillmore West!