Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turf's Up!



Coming from the Southern Bay Area I had to buy this when I saw it.
THis and the fact that my compact disc collection was seriously lacking when it comes to surf.
I know, this and the previous post are the first non vinyl additions, so in this light it is a little sacreligious
There is a reason, however!
Although these bands obviously were around in the 60's they could not break the mold that surrounded them.
However enjoyable, they are by no means ground breaking.
Still a nice record to listen to ..
Some of my suggested trx include:
"Lanky Bones" and"(It's gonna) Work out fine" by PJ & The Galaxies,
"Work Out" by Journeymen

DOWNLOAD
There are 25 tracks so you can pick and choose your own favorites
I have barely listened to it maybe one time full through.

2 comments:

matt said...

I might be wrong but I think the "Southbay" they are referring to here is the one in the Los Angeles harbor area. I grew up there and the surf culture there is pretty huge so it would make sense. Either way this record will be fun to listen to, thanks for posting it.

barry comer said...

... wonderful and eclectic site!

Barry